Erik's Music Database - Home
Home Scores Discography Audio Performers Terminology Notation Formats Tutorial Limitations Links Contribute Credits
This is a database of ethnic music transcriptions and discographic
data, with emphasis on Eastern Europe and the Balkans. The primary
audience is musicians, but the large Balkan discography may also be
useful to others (singers, dancers, disc jockeys, researchers, music
lovers generally). This is a work in progress, and subject to the
limitations of my spare time. Various additional limitations are
mentioned in the sections below.
- Scores: searchable index of 2355 ethnic music transcriptions.
- Discography: searchable index of
5762 albums (36590 tracks).
- Audio: lists scores for which audio
samples are available.
- Performers: searchable index of
3739 artists and ensembles.
- Terminology: a reference manual of the
classification terminology used for searching.
- Notation: a reference manual of the
notational conventions used in the scores.
- Formats: details about various score file
formats and viewing options.
- Tutorial: Bulgarian accordion
tutorial (under development).
- Limitations: EMDB is a work in
progress. This page lists what's not right yet.
- Links: sites of related interest.
- Contribute: how you can help improve this site.
- Credits: folks who've contributed to
- EMDB's primary server is now at goldov.com. EMDB hosting at
physiome.org is being phased out.
- Book EB29 is now complete. Books EB30 & EB31 have been started.
- EMDB's primary server is now at goldov.com.
- EMDB's previous host at physiome.org is being phased