Erik's Music Database - Home
Home Scores Discography Audio Performers Terminology Notation Formats Tutorial Limitations Links Contribute Credits
This is a database of ethnic music transcriptions and discographic
data, with emphasis on Eastern Europe and the Balkans. The primary
audience is musicians, but the large Balkan discography may also be
useful to others (singers, dancers, disc jockeys, researchers, music
lovers generally). This is a work in progress, and subject to the
limitations of my spare time. Various additional limitations are
mentioned in the sections below.
- Scores: searchable index of 2395 ethnic music transcriptions.
- Discography: searchable index of
5762 albums (36590 tracks).
- Audio: lists scores for which audio
samples are available.
- Performers: searchable index of
3751 artists and ensembles.
- Terminology: a reference manual of the
classification terminology used for searching.
- Notation: a reference manual of the
notational conventions used in the scores.
- Formats: details about various score file
formats and viewing options.
- Tutorial: Bulgarian accordion
tutorial (rewritten as of July, 2015).
- Limitations: EMDB is a work in
progress. This page lists what's not right yet.
- Links: sites of related interest.
- Contribute: how you can help improve this site.
- Credits: folks who've contributed to
- The tutorial has been completely rewritten as of July 2015.
- Book EB30 is now complete. Book EB31 has been started.
- EMDB's primary server is now at goldov.com.
- EMDB's previous host at physiome.org is being phased